The investment decline in transportation
It’s simple: if we want a better commute, someone has to pay for it
Holiday traffic on the 210 freeway near Los Angeles, Calif.: Only 8 percent of travelers will opt to fly over the Thanksgiving break, the vast majority will drive. Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week