How public-school reforms are turning parents into dummies
Any mention of birthdays, dinosaurs, and dancing is discouraged on standardized tests in New York City schools, as district officials strive to avoid offending anyone. Courtesy Shutterstock
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week