How public-school reforms are turning parents into dummies
Any mention of birthdays, dinosaurs, and dancing is discouraged on standardized tests in New York City schools, as district officials strive to avoid offending anyone. Courtesy Shutterstock
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Repealing ObamaCare would now mean kicking 4.2 million people off their new insurance plans
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
Subscribe to the Week