1. A really good Boston terrier Vine
Who knew dogs could sound like Smeagol from Lord of the Rings?
2. An even better Boston terrier Vine
It's been a good week for them.
3. The saddest Kanye performance ever
Mr. West reportedly agreed to perform a few of his songs for $3 million in front of the grandson of a ruthless dictator, Kazakhstan's Nursultan Nazarbayev. Very questionable! Even if he isn't the only famous pop star to do so. Footage of the performance was inevitably unearthed on Instagram, and it shows… well, this:
They're all snapping selfies. And not even looking at the stage. #KanyeShrug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(via The Daily Dot)
4. A collection of people using Snapchat right
Starring this dude. (Way more at BuzzFeed)
5. This is what One Direction look like without teeth or eyebrows (via Reddit)
Look closely. Apparently, this happened during a recent NASA shuttle launch.
Hope the little guy isn't burned to a crisp.
7. Tumblr of the week: Better Book Titles
Okay, okay. So this is a little old, but I just saw it. The concept is pretty self-explanatory:
Loads more here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
Subscribe to the Week