1. A really good Boston terrier Vine
Who knew dogs could sound like Smeagol from Lord of the Rings?
2. An even better Boston terrier Vine
It's been a good week for them.
3. The saddest Kanye performance ever
Mr. West reportedly agreed to perform a few of his songs for $3 million in front of the grandson of a ruthless dictator, Kazakhstan's Nursultan Nazarbayev. Very questionable! Even if he isn't the only famous pop star to do so. Footage of the performance was inevitably unearthed on Instagram, and it shows… well, this:
They're all snapping selfies. And not even looking at the stage. #KanyeShrug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(via The Daily Dot)
4. A collection of people using Snapchat right
Starring this dude. (Way more at BuzzFeed)
5. This is what One Direction look like without teeth or eyebrows (via Reddit)
Look closely. Apparently, this happened during a recent NASA shuttle launch.
Hope the little guy isn't burned to a crisp.
7. Tumblr of the week: Better Book Titles
Okay, okay. So this is a little old, but I just saw it. The concept is pretty self-explanatory:
Loads more here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Don't hate the 'poor door'
- Are there too many good shows on television?
Subscribe to the Week