Can being gay get you out of jury duty?
A man waves a gay pride flag in San Francisco: On Thursday, a New York court became the second federal court to rule that the Defense of Marriage Act, which designates marriage as between one man and one woman, is unconstitutional. Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week