Can being gay get you out of jury duty?
A man waves a gay pride flag in San Francisco: On Thursday, a New York court became the second federal court to rule that the Defense of Marriage Act, which designates marriage as between one man and one woman, is unconstitutional. Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
Subscribe to the Week