Last week's question: Washington, D.C., officials recently proposed a 24-waiting period before people can get a tattoo or piercing, so people don't "wake up in the morning...saying, 'Oh my God, what happened?'" What else should people have to think over for a day before doing?
THE WINNER: Setting a "red line" for a Middle Eastern country
Josh Cain, Gaithersburg, Md.
SECOND PLACE: Giving a frank opinion on your wife's new haircut
Doris Lancaster, Colorado Springs
THIRD PLACE: Undertaking any DIY project involving plumbing
Greg Moore, Pueblo, Colo.
Ray Canale, Massapequa, N.Y.
Having a one-night stand
Sonja Amadae, Cambridge, Mass.
Jim Reddoch, Portland, Texas
Rooting for LSU while living in Alabama
Kenneth R. Updegrove, Cedaredge, Colo.
Signing a one-year contract for a gym membership
Ginny Schaller, Houghton, Mich.
Deciding to move to Washington, D.C.
Kevin Nielson, Atlanta
Responding to "Are you really going to eat all of that?"
Dick LaVine, New York City
Changing to blonde
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
Telling the boss what you
Mort Oakes, Dover, Pa.
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
Tweeting body parts
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, Calif.
Selecting "Reply to All" for email response
Marsha Einhorn, New York City
Proposing a vote to overturn ObamaCare
Chris Claus, Gallupville, N.Y.
Purchasing Apple's latest iDevice
David Jones, Boulder
Deciding how much money to send to a Nigerian prince who contacts you on the Internet
Marvin Rolnick, El Monte, Calif.
Buying skinny jeans
PJ Lantzy, Austin
Voting to cause a government default
Jim DeKornfeld, Southern Pines, N.C.
Manufacturing crystal meth to provide for your family upon death
John O'Byrne, Dublin, Ireland
Getting a pit bull
Marv Hovatter, Sausalito, Calif.
Buying a lottery ticket
Morgan Winget, Orrville, Ohio
Purchasing that drill press for your wife's birthday
Joe Prenoveau, Baltimore
Writing pointless legislation
Jaime Pazos, Winter Park, Fla.
Wearing barely any clothes and dancing suggestively with a foam finger on live TV
Cyndi O'Donnell, Wooster, Ohio
Allowing your grown children to move back into your home
Joyce Edel, Boynton Beach, Fla.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
Subscribe to the Week