This is quite pretty. A YouTuber named Srachi strapped a GoPro action camera to the back of an eagle, and set the bird loose to fly over the Chamonix hillsides in eastern France. Now, lest we get all complain-y about attaching a piece of electronic equipment to what must be a fully trained bird (you have to get the camera back somehow, right?), bear in mind that most action cams weigh just a few ounces. Some species of eagle, on the other hand, are absolute brutes, capable of dragging animals as big as goats off cliff sides:
(H/T: Popular Science)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
Subscribe to the Week