This is quite pretty. A YouTuber named Srachi strapped a GoPro action camera to the back of an eagle, and set the bird loose to fly over the Chamonix hillsides in eastern France. Now, lest we get all complain-y about attaching a piece of electronic equipment to what must be a fully trained bird (you have to get the camera back somehow, right?), bear in mind that most action cams weigh just a few ounces. Some species of eagle, on the other hand, are absolute brutes, capable of dragging animals as big as goats off cliff sides:
(H/T: Popular Science)
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week