This is quite pretty. A YouTuber named Srachi strapped a GoPro action camera to the back of an eagle, and set the bird loose to fly over the Chamonix hillsides in eastern France. Now, lest we get all complain-y about attaching a piece of electronic equipment to what must be a fully trained bird (you have to get the camera back somehow, right?), bear in mind that most action cams weigh just a few ounces. Some species of eagle, on the other hand, are absolute brutes, capable of dragging animals as big as goats off cliff sides:
(H/T: Popular Science)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week