The most controversial dictionary ever published
Despite objections, the editors of the Oxford English Dictionary have welcomed "OMG" (immortalized here in a 2009 sculpture by Michael Mandiberg) into its pages. CC BY: See-ming Lee
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week