Last week's question: Maryland Attorney General Douglas Gansler is running for governor, and his platform includes a plan to turn the mountains of chicken waste from the state’s chicken plants into an alternate energy source. What could your state use as an alternate energy source?
THE WINNER: Burning the reams of indictments against our governors
Brian K. Cohen, Chicago
SECOND PLACE: Turbines of swarming mosquitoes
Jennifer F. Miller, Eagan, Minn.
THIRD PLACE: 10 million jackrabbits on treadmills
Bob Peffers, San Antonio
Political hot air [Ed. note: This answer came in from nearly every state in the country.]
Marti Dryk, Austin
The heat from the Jumbotron at Cowboys Stadium
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
The smoke from "medical" marijuana
Jonathan Robinson, Nevada City, Calif.
Flammable water from Marcellus Shale deep drilling
Christopher Paul, Erie, Pa.
Jordan Shin, Eugene, Ore.
Politicians on a running wheel, since they go nowhere anyway
Richard Harder, West Olive,
Kevin Mullin, Moorestown, N.J.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
Subscribe to the Week