Last week's question: Maryland Attorney General Douglas Gansler is running for governor, and his platform includes a plan to turn the mountains of chicken waste from the state’s chicken plants into an alternate energy source. What could your state use as an alternate energy source?
THE WINNER: Burning the reams of indictments against our governors
Brian K. Cohen, Chicago
SECOND PLACE: Turbines of swarming mosquitoes
Jennifer F. Miller, Eagan, Minn.
THIRD PLACE: 10 million jackrabbits on treadmills
Bob Peffers, San Antonio
Political hot air [Ed. note: This answer came in from nearly every state in the country.]
Marti Dryk, Austin
The heat from the Jumbotron at Cowboys Stadium
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
The smoke from "medical" marijuana
Jonathan Robinson, Nevada City, Calif.
Flammable water from Marcellus Shale deep drilling
Christopher Paul, Erie, Pa.
Jordan Shin, Eugene, Ore.
Politicians on a running wheel, since they go nowhere anyway
Richard Harder, West Olive,
Kevin Mullin, Moorestown, N.J.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week