ast week's question: Maryland Attorney General Douglas Gansler is running for governor, and his platform includes a plan to turn the mountains of chicken waste from the state’s chicken plants into an alternate energy source. What could your state use as an alternate energy source?
THE WINNER: Burning the reams of indictments against our governors
Brian K. Cohen, Chicago
SECOND PLACE: Turbines of swarming mosquitoes
Jennifer F. Miller, Eagan, Minn.
THIRD PLACE: 10 million jackrabbits on treadmills
Bob Peffers, San Antonio
Political hot air [Ed. note: This answer came in from nearly every state in the country.]
Marti Dryk, Austin
The heat from the Jumbotron at Cowboys Stadium
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
The smoke from "medical" marijuana
Jonathan Robinson, Nevada City, Calif.
Flammable water from Marcellus Shale deep drilling
Christopher Paul, Erie, Pa.
Jordan Shin, Eugene, Ore.
Politicians on a running wheel, since they go nowhere anyway
Richard Harder, West Olive,
Kevin Mullin, Moorestown, N.J.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week