Last week's question: Maryland Attorney General Douglas Gansler is running for governor, and his platform includes a plan to turn the mountains of chicken waste from the state’s chicken plants into an alternate energy source. What could your state use as an alternate energy source?
THE WINNER: Burning the reams of indictments against our governors
Brian K. Cohen, Chicago
SECOND PLACE: Turbines of swarming mosquitoes
Jennifer F. Miller, Eagan, Minn.
THIRD PLACE: 10 million jackrabbits on treadmills
Bob Peffers, San Antonio
Political hot air [Ed. note: This answer came in from nearly every state in the country.]
Marti Dryk, Austin
The heat from the Jumbotron at Cowboys Stadium
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
The smoke from "medical" marijuana
Jonathan Robinson, Nevada City, Calif.
Flammable water from Marcellus Shale deep drilling
Christopher Paul, Erie, Pa.
Jordan Shin, Eugene, Ore.
Politicians on a running wheel, since they go nowhere anyway
Richard Harder, West Olive,
Kevin Mullin, Moorestown, N.J.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week