Last week's question: Maryland Attorney General Douglas Gansler is running for governor, and his platform includes a plan to turn the mountains of chicken waste from the state’s chicken plants into an alternate energy source. What could your state use as an alternate energy source?
THE WINNER: Burning the reams of indictments against our governors
Brian K. Cohen, Chicago
SECOND PLACE: Turbines of swarming mosquitoes
Jennifer F. Miller, Eagan, Minn.
THIRD PLACE: 10 million jackrabbits on treadmills
Bob Peffers, San Antonio
Political hot air [Ed. note: This answer came in from nearly every state in the country.]
Marti Dryk, Austin
The heat from the Jumbotron at Cowboys Stadium
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
The smoke from "medical" marijuana
Jonathan Robinson, Nevada City, Calif.
Flammable water from Marcellus Shale deep drilling
Christopher Paul, Erie, Pa.
Jordan Shin, Eugene, Ore.
Politicians on a running wheel, since they go nowhere anyway
Richard Harder, West Olive,
Kevin Mullin, Moorestown, N.J.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 11 actors you might not realize do commercial voiceovers
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week