Hey, you! You, over there, who is looking at the clock and cursing those long, arduous hours between lunch and dinner, who is getting up to walk to the kitchen and then sitting back down, who keeps fondling the edge of a Kit Kat wrapper. You, half-asleep in front of the TV, watching Friends reruns at two o'clock in the morning. You, tired or hungry or cranky or bored, or tipsy off of your first drink of the night.
You — all of you! — need a cheese snack.
While cheese snacks can consist of hacking at the edge of a large block of cheese with a dull knife, we recommend the classy cheese snack: cheese in baked, runny, melty, or spreadable form, usually combined with carbohydrates, sugar and other buddies. Make a batch of these and serve them with a glass of bubbly, or eat them hunched over your cutting board, crumbs all over your face.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week