Hey, you! You, over there, who is looking at the clock and cursing those long, arduous hours between lunch and dinner, who is getting up to walk to the kitchen and then sitting back down, who keeps fondling the edge of a Kit Kat wrapper. You, half-asleep in front of the TV, watching Friends reruns at two o'clock in the morning. You, tired or hungry or cranky or bored, or tipsy off of your first drink of the night.
You — all of you! — need a cheese snack.
While cheese snacks can consist of hacking at the edge of a large block of cheese with a dull knife, we recommend the classy cheese snack: cheese in baked, runny, melty, or spreadable form, usually combined with carbohydrates, sugar and other buddies. Make a batch of these and serve them with a glass of bubbly, or eat them hunched over your cutting board, crumbs all over your face.
More from Food52...
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The Idina Menzel-Taye Diggs split, and 5 other break-ups that hurt us more than it hurt them
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
Subscribe to the Week