Hey, you! You, over there, who is looking at the clock and cursing those long, arduous hours between lunch and dinner, who is getting up to walk to the kitchen and then sitting back down, who keeps fondling the edge of a Kit Kat wrapper. You, half-asleep in front of the TV, watching Friends reruns at two o'clock in the morning. You, tired or hungry or cranky or bored, or tipsy off of your first drink of the night.
You — all of you! — need a cheese snack.
While cheese snacks can consist of hacking at the edge of a large block of cheese with a dull knife, we recommend the classy cheese snack: cheese in baked, runny, melty, or spreadable form, usually combined with carbohydrates, sugar and other buddies. Make a batch of these and serve them with a glass of bubbly, or eat them hunched over your cutting board, crumbs all over your face.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- How to flirt, according to science
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- This Japanese toilet should make Americans very worried
Subscribe to the Week