Hey, you! You, over there, who is looking at the clock and cursing those long, arduous hours between lunch and dinner, who is getting up to walk to the kitchen and then sitting back down, who keeps fondling the edge of a Kit Kat wrapper. You, half-asleep in front of the TV, watching Friends reruns at two o'clock in the morning. You, tired or hungry or cranky or bored, or tipsy off of your first drink of the night.
You — all of you! — need a cheese snack.
While cheese snacks can consist of hacking at the edge of a large block of cheese with a dull knife, we recommend the classy cheese snack: cheese in baked, runny, melty, or spreadable form, usually combined with carbohydrates, sugar and other buddies. Make a batch of these and serve them with a glass of bubbly, or eat them hunched over your cutting board, crumbs all over your face.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week