MC's hit drama The Walking Dead doesn't premiere until October 13 — but the network has an early Halloween treat for anyone who wants to kick off October with a few zombies. AMC's new three-part web series, The Walking Dead: The Oath, introduces Karina and Paul, a duo who struggle to survive in the zombie apocalypse before The Walking Dead's protagonist Rick Grimes wakes up from his coma in the pilot.
Honestly, the story isn't the most scintillating, and it's obvious that the budget for the web series is considerably lower than the series proper. But The Walking Dead: The Oath does provide some extra information that should intrigue hardcore fans of the series — including some new details about the events that led to the destruction of the hospital in which Rick finally awakes, and the first appearance of one of the most memorable images from The Walking Dead's pilot. It's far from perfect, but The Walking Dead: The Oath should make a serviceable appetizer for anyone who can't wait for the full feast of the fourth season's premiere.
The Walking Dead: The Oath, Part 1:
The Walking Dead: The Oath, Part 2:
The Walking Dead: The Oath, Part 3:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week