Jeff Bezos was recently interviewed on CNBC.
One of the best parts of the interview is the detail given by Bezos about some of the books he's shared with Amazon's top executives — he uses these as frameworks for shaping the future of the company.
1. The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker.
3. The Goal by Eliyahu Goldratt.
Bezos is not the only one to nudge execs to read. Tim Cook, CEO at Apple, gives copies of Competing Against Time: How Time-Based Competition is Reshaping Global Markets to his colleagues.
(The book titles appeared in this follow up.)
More from Farnam Street...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week