Jeff Bezos was recently interviewed on CNBC.
One of the best parts of the interview is the detail given by Bezos about some of the books he's shared with Amazon's top executives — he uses these as frameworks for shaping the future of the company.
1. The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker.
3. The Goal by Eliyahu Goldratt.
Bezos is not the only one to nudge execs to read. Tim Cook, CEO at Apple, gives copies of Competing Against Time: How Time-Based Competition is Reshaping Global Markets to his colleagues.
(The book titles appeared in this follow up.)
More from Farnam Street...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Paul Allen's 'bitter' Bill-Gates-bashing memoir
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week