Jeff Bezos was recently interviewed on CNBC.
One of the best parts of the interview is the detail given by Bezos about some of the books he's shared with Amazon's top executives — he uses these as frameworks for shaping the future of the company.
1. The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker.
3. The Goal by Eliyahu Goldratt.
Bezos is not the only one to nudge execs to read. Tim Cook, CEO at Apple, gives copies of Competing Against Time: How Time-Based Competition is Reshaping Global Markets to his colleagues.
(The book titles appeared in this follow up.)
More from Farnam Street...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
Subscribe to the Week