Jeff Bezos was recently interviewed on CNBC.
One of the best parts of the interview is the detail given by Bezos about some of the books he's shared with Amazon's top executives — he uses these as frameworks for shaping the future of the company.
1. The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker.
3. The Goal by Eliyahu Goldratt.
Bezos is not the only one to nudge execs to read. Tim Cook, CEO at Apple, gives copies of Competing Against Time: How Time-Based Competition is Reshaping Global Markets to his colleagues.
(The book titles appeared in this follow up.)
More from Farnam Street...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- The next pandemic
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week