Jeff Bezos was recently interviewed on CNBC.
One of the best parts of the interview is the detail given by Bezos about some of the books he's shared with Amazon's top executives — he uses these as frameworks for shaping the future of the company.
1. The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker.
3. The Goal by Eliyahu Goldratt.
Bezos is not the only one to nudge execs to read. Tim Cook, CEO at Apple, gives copies of Competing Against Time: How Time-Based Competition is Reshaping Global Markets to his colleagues.
(The book titles appeared in this follow up.)
More from Farnam Street...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 ways you're probably teaching your kids bad money habits
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week