Game of Thrones won't be back on TV until 2014. And in the meantime, HBO is giving anyone who can't wait for the fourth season a chance to build their own mini-Westeros in the comfort of their home. On Wednesday, HBO announced the upcoming release of a "Game of Thrones 4D puzzle" — which should really be called a "Game of Thrones 3D puzzle" — that will let fans explore the map of Westeros in quite a lot of detail (just as soon as they've managed to assemble it).
The promotional video for the Game of Thrones 3D puzzle shows off its close resemblance to the TV show's now-legendary opening credits sequence, which sees the castles of Westeros rise up from a detailed world map. According to WinterIsComing.net, the puzzle consists of more than 1,200 pieces and measures a full 30 by 18 inches when fully assembled. Unfortunately, the puzzle doesn't come with any figurines, so anyone who wants to replicate any of the show's brutal beheadings should probably keep a few LEGOs handy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make salads for reluctant salad eaters
Subscribe to the Week