Last week's question: Scientists are examining a variety of ideas about how to slow the aging process, raising the possibility that we could someday live to be 150. What is one reason you and other people should not want to live that long?
THE WINNER: We would have to wait until we were 75 to have a midlife crisis
Jonathan Lubow, Randolph, N.J.
SECOND PLACE: Faded, sagging tattoos
Dawn Thaman, Cincinnati
THIRD PLACE: That's how many election cycles!?
Joseph Smith, Huntersville, N.C.
Sharon Alwart, Brighton, Ill.
Congress doesn't have term limits
Paul Herriott, Loveland, Ohio
The new retirement age will be 120, and Social Security will be broke
Harold Warren, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
How do you fit 150 candles on my birthday cake?
Bill O'Meara, Bedford, N.H.
150 years of new Microsoft OS updates?
Jeff Tynes, Springfield, Mo.
Jerry Jones will still be running the Cowboys into the ground
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
The divorce rate on first marriages would jump to 100 percent
Dan Rafferty, Allston, Mass.
Don't want to keep up with the Kardashians any longer
Peter Leung, New York City
Who wants to spend so many years looking like Keith Richards?
Kenneth R. Updegrove, Cedaredge, Colo.
The prospect of having to wear diapers for literally half your life
Rick Vagnini, Atascadero, Calif.
We'll have run out of Law & Order reruns
Edwin Bacher, New York City
No one really wants to be older than dirt
J. Richard Gaskill, Los Gatos, Calif.
The Cubs still wouldn't win the World Series
Steve McConnell, Walpole, Mass.
Who wants to spend 100 years getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom?
Craig and Lynne Nelson, Pitman, N.J.
112 more budget debates
Sean Frankum, Grovetown, Ga.
Paul S. Wax, Teaneck, N.J.
Donna Astor-Lazarus, Princeton, N.J.
Nobody wants 100 years of grandkids never calling or visiting
Paul Raff, Santa Monica, Calif.
The angst of not accomplishing anything in your lifetime would take on epic proportions
Bill Kiskowski, Capitol Heights, Md.
Realizing those "damn kids" you want off your lawn are in their 90s
Brent Wilkinson, Campbell, Calif.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week