Last week's question: Scientists are examining a variety of ideas about how to slow the aging process, raising the possibility that we could someday live to be 150. What is one reason you and other people should not want to live that long?
THE WINNER: We would have to wait until we were 75 to have a midlife crisis
Jonathan Lubow, Randolph, N.J.
SECOND PLACE: Faded, sagging tattoos
Dawn Thaman, Cincinnati
THIRD PLACE: That's how many election cycles!?
Joseph Smith, Huntersville, N.C.
Sharon Alwart, Brighton, Ill.
Congress doesn't have term limits
Paul Herriott, Loveland, Ohio
The new retirement age will be 120, and Social Security will be broke
Harold Warren, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
How do you fit 150 candles on my birthday cake?
Bill O'Meara, Bedford, N.H.
150 years of new Microsoft OS updates?
Jeff Tynes, Springfield, Mo.
Jerry Jones will still be running the Cowboys into the ground
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
The divorce rate on first marriages would jump to 100 percent
Dan Rafferty, Allston, Mass.
Don't want to keep up with the Kardashians any longer
Peter Leung, New York City
Who wants to spend so many years looking like Keith Richards?
Kenneth R. Updegrove, Cedaredge, Colo.
The prospect of having to wear diapers for literally half your life
Rick Vagnini, Atascadero, Calif.
We'll have run out of Law & Order reruns
Edwin Bacher, New York City
No one really wants to be older than dirt
J. Richard Gaskill, Los Gatos, Calif.
The Cubs still wouldn't win the World Series
Steve McConnell, Walpole, Mass.
Who wants to spend 100 years getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom?
Craig and Lynne Nelson, Pitman, N.J.
112 more budget debates
Sean Frankum, Grovetown, Ga.
Paul S. Wax, Teaneck, N.J.
Donna Astor-Lazarus, Princeton, N.J.
Nobody wants 100 years of grandkids never calling or visiting
Paul Raff, Santa Monica, Calif.
The angst of not accomplishing anything in your lifetime would take on epic proportions
Bill Kiskowski, Capitol Heights, Md.
Realizing those "damn kids" you want off your lawn are in their 90s
Brent Wilkinson, Campbell, Calif.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week