ast week's question: Pressure is increasing on the Washington Redskins to change their name, with conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer saying the name is "freighted with negative connotations." What would be a better name for the football team of the nation's capital?
THE WINNER: The SuperPAC-ers
John B Leroy, Phoenix
SECOND PLACE: Washington Stealers
Timothy Lane, Louisville
THIRD PLACE: Washington Red Inks
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
Jim Clark, La Porte, Ind.
Mark McLaughlin, Westborough, Mass.
Robert B. Clemens, Hilton Head Island, S.C.
Pete Postorino, Howell, N.J.
Jeff Ocock, Palatine Ill.
David McCoy, Athens, Ohio
Washington Red-faced Liars
Richard Kudlack, Bolton Landing, N.Y.
Wendell Openshaw, Las Vegas
John Carlson, Mexico, Mo.
Christine Theiss, Orange, Conn.
Norb Geiss, Venice, Fla.
Jay Silverstein, Melrose, Mass.
Washington Can Kickers
Richard English, Bloomington, Minn.
Washington Football People
Ivan Kershner, Salem, S.C.
Joseph Dizel, East Wareham, Mass.
Washington Blue and Red Skins
Craig Hoechstetter, Boulder
Washington Lame Ducks
Karyn Downs, Littleton, Colo.
Washington Multi Skin Tones
Dick LaVine, New York City
Washington Red Tape
Suzan Friedman, San Francisco
Marcy Levy, Fort Lee, N.J.
New name approval delayed by radical traditionalists, players furloughed until further notice.
Daniel Rafferty, Allston, Mass.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Conan O'Brien and Alex Trebek try to out-crazy each other
Subscribe to the Week