Read more about the facts mentioned:
The Nacho Dorito addiction graphic (The New York Times)
It's official: Music gets louder every year (Fast Company)
Beaver butts emit goo used for vanilla flavoring (National Geographic)
For crash-test dummy dogs, seat belts a bust (The Wall Street Journal)
Listen to more audio explainers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week