Read more about the facts mentioned:
The Nacho Dorito addiction graphic (The New York Times)
It's official: Music gets louder every year (Fast Company)
Beaver butts emit goo used for vanilla flavoring (National Geographic)
For crash-test dummy dogs, seat belts a bust (The Wall Street Journal)
Listen to more audio explainers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
Subscribe to the Week