Read more about the facts mentioned:
The Nacho Dorito addiction graphic (The New York Times)
It's official: Music gets louder every year (Fast Company)
Beaver butts emit goo used for vanilla flavoring (National Geographic)
For crash-test dummy dogs, seat belts a bust (The Wall Street Journal)
Listen to more audio explainers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week