Read more about the facts mentioned:
The Nacho Dorito addiction graphic (The New York Times)
It's official: Music gets louder every year (Fast Company)
Beaver butts emit goo used for vanilla flavoring (National Geographic)
For crash-test dummy dogs, seat belts a bust (The Wall Street Journal)
Listen to more audio explainers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week