1. The year's best New York Times correction?
Greatest correction or just the greatest thing to ever happen on the internet ever? pic.twitter.com/SIEU3yVpn2— Mike Hayes (@michaelhayes) November 1, 2013
We have our early leader.
2. Baby cries when mom sings her a song
So I hit play, all ready to make a joke… but now I CAN'T.
Calling my mother. (via Mashable)
3. Sportscaster does entire sports segment as Ron Burgundy
4. Heidi Klum was this for Halloween
5. The LEGO Movie trailer is real, looks amazing
Will Arnett is LEGO Batman, and the cast rounds out with Will Ferrell, Liam Neeson, and Morgan Freeman. Seriously.
6. Daily Mail commenter apparently kicked out of house for stupid comment
To say the internet is full of horn dogs is like saying the ocean is wet, which is why we shouldn't be at all surprised that this Daily Mail reader declared bikini-wearing Kelly Brook "so sexy" that he would gleefully leave "his wife and kids for one night with her."
The only problem, of course, was he was logged in using his real name on Facebook — and his wife saw.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
Subscribe to the Week