Audiophile: Listen SmarterShould dogs have the same rights as humans?
The case for making man's best friend his equal
Watch Emory professors train dogs to sit in MRI machines:
Watch Mishka the husky say "I love you":
Listen to more audio explainers:
Emily Shire is chief researcher for The Week magazine. She has written about pop culture, religion, and women and gender issues at publications including Slate, The Forward, and Jewcy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week