Audiophile: Listen SmarterWhat Americans could learn from Japan's sex deficit
Japan's teenagers and younger adults are choosing celibacy, despite a government push. And it's a real problem.
Watch an abstinence commerce from the Arizona Department of Health:
Watch the Baby Got Book music video:
Listen to more audio explainers:
Peter Weber is a senior editor at TheWeek.com, and has handled the editorial night shift since 2008. A graduate of Northwestern University, Peter has worked at Facts on File and The New York Times Magazine. He speaks Spanish and Italian, and plays in an Austin rock band.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
Subscribe to the Week