Raise your hand if you've ever had an unpleasant experience with oatmeal. Yeah, we thought so. Even the staunchest oatmeal advocates have encountered gloopy, bland, oddly textured oatmeal that looks like an alien life form. The culprits can be hotel breakfasts, school cafeterias, or even your great-aunt Edna's Sunday brunch. Unpleasant oatmeal can strike anywhere, anytime — but never again in your own kitchen.
Let's give oatmeal its due, shall we? This nutritious staple is chock-full of complex carbohydrates, fiber, and deliciousness. In short — you should be eating more of it. And not just for breakfast (though there's nothing wrong with that...): Oats in ice cream! Oats in risotto! Oats on pizza! That last one was a joke. But it does give us some ideas.
Celebrate oatmeal in all its nutty, chewy, whole-grain glory. Because oatmeal deserves the best, and so do you.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
Subscribe to the Week