Kanye West's "Bound 2" music video might be the most Kanye West thing Kanye West has ever recorded. Other than a few majestic animals, the video (which will make its formal debut on Ellen later today) focuses exclusively on West and his fiancee Kim Kardashian — who is, perhaps inevitably, topless for much of its runtime.
After a brief introduction by Ellen Degeneres, the "Bound 2" video opens with nature shots that include a soaring eagle and several packs of galloping horses. But all that naturalism is just an appetizer for the video's main course: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.
After two minutes of shots that alternate between West's rapping and Kardashian's face, they're finally united — on a motorcycle, which West is driving while a topless Kardashian straddles him. (It's not safe for work-ish, but if Ellen can show it at 4 p.m. on a Tuesday, you're probably fine.) There are probably safer ways to ride — but given that West and Kardashian seem to live in a world occupied exclusively by horses and eagles, they get away with it.
Both the "Bound 2" video and the song — which is the last, upbeat track on the otherwise grim Yeezus — seem to represent a kind of happy ending for West. "Bound to fall in love," goes the breezy hook, as West finally concludes, "One good girl is worth a thousand b--ches."
Mazel tov, Kimye, and may you happily ride motorcycles together for the rest of your days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week