Kanye West's "Bound 2" music video might be the most Kanye West thing Kanye West has ever recorded. Other than a few majestic animals, the video (which will make its formal debut on Ellen later today) focuses exclusively on West and his fiancee Kim Kardashian — who is, perhaps inevitably, topless for much of its runtime.
After a brief introduction by Ellen Degeneres, the "Bound 2" video opens with nature shots that include a soaring eagle and several packs of galloping horses. But all that naturalism is just an appetizer for the video's main course: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.
After two minutes of shots that alternate between West's rapping and Kardashian's face, they're finally united — on a motorcycle, which West is driving while a topless Kardashian straddles him. (It's not safe for work-ish, but if Ellen can show it at 4 p.m. on a Tuesday, you're probably fine.) There are probably safer ways to ride — but given that West and Kardashian seem to live in a world occupied exclusively by horses and eagles, they get away with it.
Both the "Bound 2" video and the song — which is the last, upbeat track on the otherwise grim Yeezus — seem to represent a kind of happy ending for West. "Bound to fall in love," goes the breezy hook, as West finally concludes, "One good girl is worth a thousand b--ches."
Mazel tov, Kimye, and may you happily ride motorcycles together for the rest of your days.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week