Asking you to choose between potatoes and sweet potatoes would be like asking you to choose between chocolate and vanilla ice cream, mozzarella and ricotta cheese, or pumpkin and pecan pie. There's no right answer and luckily, it's not a decision you have to make.
But if we did, hypothetically speaking, have to pick either potatoes or sweet potatoes to take to a desert island, we just might bring along the sweet potatoes. Don't get us wrong: We love potatoes. We love them so much we're devoting an entire contest to them. But could you happily eat potatoes for every meal (including dessert)? We didn't think so.
These sweet potato recipes will you get through breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert, and, since it's fall, they'll get you feeling all cute and seasonal, too. Long live the sweet potato! But don't take away the mashed potatoes quite yet, either.
Photos by James Ransom, Caroline Wright, and Sarah Shatz
This article originally appeared on Food52.com: 13 seasonal sweet potato recipes to eat all day long.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week