Asking you to choose between potatoes and sweet potatoes would be like asking you to choose between chocolate and vanilla ice cream, mozzarella and ricotta cheese, or pumpkin and pecan pie. There's no right answer and luckily, it's not a decision you have to make.
But if we did, hypothetically speaking, have to pick either potatoes or sweet potatoes to take to a desert island, we just might bring along the sweet potatoes. Don't get us wrong: We love potatoes. We love them so much we're devoting an entire contest to them. But could you happily eat potatoes for every meal (including dessert)? We didn't think so.
These sweet potato recipes will you get through breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert, and, since it's fall, they'll get you feeling all cute and seasonal, too. Long live the sweet potato! But don't take away the mashed potatoes quite yet, either.
Photos by James Ransom, Caroline Wright, and Sarah Shatz
This article originally appeared on Food52.com: 13 seasonal sweet potato recipes to eat all day long.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- How America's internet can become the fastest on Earth
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Poll: Twice as many Americans say sugar is more harmful than marijuana
Subscribe to the Week