Asking you to choose between potatoes and sweet potatoes would be like asking you to choose between chocolate and vanilla ice cream, mozzarella and ricotta cheese, or pumpkin and pecan pie. There's no right answer and luckily, it's not a decision you have to make.
But if we did, hypothetically speaking, have to pick either potatoes or sweet potatoes to take to a desert island, we just might bring along the sweet potatoes. Don't get us wrong: We love potatoes. We love them so much we're devoting an entire contest to them. But could you happily eat potatoes for every meal (including dessert)? We didn't think so.
These sweet potato recipes will you get through breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert, and, since it's fall, they'll get you feeling all cute and seasonal, too. Long live the sweet potato! But don't take away the mashed potatoes quite yet, either.
Photos by James Ransom, Caroline Wright, and Sarah Shatz
This article originally appeared on Food52.com: 13 seasonal sweet potato recipes to eat all day long.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week