Asking you to choose between potatoes and sweet potatoes would be like asking you to choose between chocolate and vanilla ice cream, mozzarella and ricotta cheese, or pumpkin and pecan pie. There's no right answer and luckily, it's not a decision you have to make.
But if we did, hypothetically speaking, have to pick either potatoes or sweet potatoes to take to a desert island, we just might bring along the sweet potatoes. Don't get us wrong: We love potatoes. We love them so much we're devoting an entire contest to them. But could you happily eat potatoes for every meal (including dessert)? We didn't think so.
These sweet potato recipes will you get through breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert, and, since it's fall, they'll get you feeling all cute and seasonal, too. Long live the sweet potato! But don't take away the mashed potatoes quite yet, either.
Photos by James Ransom, Caroline Wright, and Sarah Shatz
This article originally appeared on Food52.com: 13 seasonal sweet potato recipes to eat all day long.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we need a maximum wage
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week