We're going to keep this short and sweet, because you've got pies to eat. Make that short and savory. For those of you who are new around these parts, we've got a bit of a pie obsession going on. Whether they're individual or for a hungry hoard, pies are perfectly suitable for any meal, any time of day.
May we suggest a pie-on-pie bonanza for dinner? Breakfast? Okay, at least brunch. Anything goes at brunchtime, and that's why it is a super meal. But we digress. In conclusion: Pies should be allowed to break out of their sugar-crusted oppression and enter the world of savory, where they are officially considered "a real meal." Though maybe not a square one.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week