We're going to keep this short and sweet, because you've got pies to eat. Make that short and savory. For those of you who are new around these parts, we've got a bit of a pie obsession going on. Whether they're individual or for a hungry hoard, pies are perfectly suitable for any meal, any time of day.
May we suggest a pie-on-pie bonanza for dinner? Breakfast? Okay, at least brunch. Anything goes at brunchtime, and that's why it is a super meal. But we digress. In conclusion: Pies should be allowed to break out of their sugar-crusted oppression and enter the world of savory, where they are officially considered "a real meal." Though maybe not a square one.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week