We're going to keep this short and sweet, because you've got pies to eat. Make that short and savory. For those of you who are new around these parts, we've got a bit of a pie obsession going on. Whether they're individual or for a hungry hoard, pies are perfectly suitable for any meal, any time of day.
May we suggest a pie-on-pie bonanza for dinner? Breakfast? Okay, at least brunch. Anything goes at brunchtime, and that's why it is a super meal. But we digress. In conclusion: Pies should be allowed to break out of their sugar-crusted oppression and enter the world of savory, where they are officially considered "a real meal." Though maybe not a square one.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week