We're going to keep this short and sweet, because you've got pies to eat. Make that short and savory. For those of you who are new around these parts, we've got a bit of a pie obsession going on. Whether they're individual or for a hungry hoard, pies are perfectly suitable for any meal, any time of day.
May we suggest a pie-on-pie bonanza for dinner? Breakfast? Okay, at least brunch. Anything goes at brunchtime, and that's why it is a super meal. But we digress. In conclusion: Pies should be allowed to break out of their sugar-crusted oppression and enter the world of savory, where they are officially considered "a real meal." Though maybe not a square one.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Attack of the invasive species
- When will the Big One strike California?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week