NBC's 30 Rock has been off the air for months now, and this is how I'd like to imagine character Tracy Jordan preparing for Thanksgiving: Sitting in a leather recliner, wearing a Bill Cosby sweater, and reciting some mental laundry list of Thanksgiving-y things. Well, actual actor Tracy Morgan — and there is a famously thin line between Morgan and his Jordan character — made it happen, in a typically bizarre moment on Monday night's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
What to say about the two-minute Thanksgiving gift from Morgan to us? I pretty much agree with Andrew Roberts at Uproxx. "Literally, there is too much going on and coming out of Tracy's mouth to be able to fully convey the awesome nature of this clip."
He starts out with fairly traditional Thanksgiving fare, but moves on to predictably unpredictable territory. It "may not have a place among holiday classics like A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving," says Katie McDonough at Salon. But there's room for more than one way to celebrate Turkey Day. Morgan's isn't to be missed. Watch above.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
Subscribe to the Week