Justin Bieber has been dropping tracks from his new album for weeks now, but Monday brought an extra treat for Beliebers: A steamy music video for "All That Matters," featuring the Canadian pop star getting hot and heavy with a young model.
So what, according to the Biebs, is all that matters? You! "You're all that matters to me, yeah, yeah," croons the singer. "Ain't worried about nobody else. If it ain't you, I ain't myself." Of course, the "you" in this music video is embodied by 19-year-old model Caitlin Russo — but the sentiment is still certain to set Beliebers' hearts aflame.
As it turns out, the track — which was released in October as part of Bieber's "Music Mondays" series — is an ode to monogamy in the digital era. "You think I'm biased to my significant other? You hit it right on the head. Only been missing my lover. Got a whole lot of texts on my phone, and I don't reply." The singer goes on to compare his lover to the gas in a car, and reminds her that there's no "I" in team. Romantic!
The "All That Matters" video is another clear attempt by the 19-year-old Biebs to prove that he's all grown up. Woman in a bra? Check. Biebs without a shirt? Check. Making out on a motorcycle? If it's good enough for Kanye, it's good enough for Justin Bieber.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week