Armonk, N.Y. This five-bedroom Colonial house with a wet bar sits on 3 acres, and has both an indoor and an outdoor kitchen.
Inside, the chef's kitchen features granite countertops and a Viking double oven with six burners. The outside kitchen has a Lynx grill. Exterior details include a fire pit and a hot tub. $2,375,000. Harriet Libov, Houlihan Lawrence, (914) 659-6200.
Dallas. The kitchen of this "Steal of the Week" house flows into the dining and living areas and includes energy-efficient appliances.
The two-bedroom home has solar panels, polished concrete floors, and a creek view, and the property is located in the sustainable community of Urban Reserve. $465,000. Christy Berry, Briggs Freeman/Sotheby's International Realty, (214) 693-1600.
Bozeman, Mont. Built on a 60.4-acre ranch, this three-bedroom home has a chef's kitchen with a stone pizza oven.
The concrete counters have embedded fossils, and there's a tower with a mountain view. $3,500,000. Tammy Jeske, PureWest/Christie's International Real Estate, (406) 451-3860.
Benton Harbor, Mich. This eight-bedroom contemporary home sits on 3.87 acres overlooking Lake Michigan. The eat-in kitchen has SubZero and Gaggenau appliances, a butler's pantry, and a built-in aquarium.
The kitchen opens onto an outdoor patio with Japanese-style gardens and a waterfall. $2,495,000. Chad Gradowski, Coldwell Banker, (269) 469-3950.
Los Angeles. Set on a cul-de-sac in Silver Lake, this two-bedroom house has a fully stainless-steel, commercial-grade kitchen with a Traulsen refrigerator, a Garland six-burner stove, and a Curtis coffee maker.
The home also includes a wet bar and views of downtown and nature. $1,299,000. Bill Thon, Lamerica/Top Agent Network, (310) 570-2334.
Sarasota, Fla. This five-bedroom, six-bathroom home features views of the Gulf of Mexico. The spacious, custom-designed kitchen has stainless-steel appliances and Italian marble countertops.
Other amenities include a 47-foot pool and grotto. $6,500,000. Stephanie Church, Michael Saunders & Co., (941) 724-5448.
**For more information on these homes, please contact the realtor listed**
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
Subscribe to the Week