Highland Park, Ill. This midcentury modern home was made famous when Cameron Frye drove his father's Ferrari through one of the floor-to-ceiling glass walls in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Cantilevered over a ravine and surrounded by woods, the house has four bedrooms plus a pavilion/guest house and includes a four-car garage. $1,295,000. Meladee Hughes, Coldwell Banker, (312) 981-5500.
Gulph Mills, Pa. Claude Rains, who appeared in more than 50 films, including Casablanca and Lawrence of Arabia, once lived in this two-story farmhouse.
The five-bedroom home has six fireplaces and exposed-beam ceilings. Overlooking Gulph Creek, the 18th-century stone house sits on 2.17 acres with woodland. $899,000. Melanie Stecura, Kurfiss/Sotheby's International Realty, (215) 735-2225.
Ojai, Calif. Academy Award winner Reese Witherspoon once owned this 1923 ranch. The four-bedroom main house has exposed beams, a fireplace, and a mezzanine with a tile staircase.
The seven-acre property also features three guest cottages, a carriage house, a swimming pool, horse stables, a barn, and a blacksmith's shop. $5,900,000. Gregg Leach, Village Properties Realtors, (805) 565-8873.
Blytheville, Ark. George Hamilton, onetime MGM contract player now best known for his deep tan, grew up in this "Steal of the Week" four-bedroom home. The historic 1903 house has a living room with a fireplace and a formal dining room with its original hardwood floors. Amenities include additional fireplaces, a sunroom, and a patio. $179,000. Lola Gifford, Century 21 McWaters Realty, (870) 623-1667.
Minneapolis. Fans of The Mary Tyler Moore Show will recognize the third floor of this landmark Victorian as Mary Richards's apartment. The seven-bedroom, nine-bathroom house has ornate millwork, bay windows and leaded-glass windows.
Features include multiple terraces and a parkway view near Lake of the Isles. $2,495,000. Barry Berg and Chad Larsen, Barry Berg Group, (612) 925-8411.
**For more information on these homes, please contact the realtor listed**
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
Subscribe to the Week