Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone have a new movie out Christmas Day where they reprise the boxing roles that made them legends of the silver screen, but on Saturday Night Live they drew on their past cinematic lives as Italian-American mobsters. Host John Goodman rounded out this spoof on the nativity story in which the Three Wise Guys from the East Coast ("mainly Long Island and New Jersey") followed the Three Wise Men from the East to the stable where baby Jesus slept.
There were some good jokes for those familiar with the story — "I booked up the whole place," De Niro said of Bethlehem — and some decent mobster banter for those familiar with the mafia genre. Goodman did a game job trying to keep up with the pros. Enjoy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
Subscribe to the Week