There's something special about chocolate cookies — something classy, refined. They're like the high heels of all cookies. When you're craving chocolate but want the crunch that brownies don't offer, chocolate cookies make perfect sense. We love to leave just-baked chocolate cookies with a tall glass of milk out for Santa — by the end of the night, we can bet they will be long gone. Here are eight of our all-time favorites.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week