"This is not your papa's proletarian Vespa," said Benjamin Preston at The New York Times. A more stylish version of the Italian scooter known for its timeless style, the all-new 946 also packs a smoother transmission, traction control, and meaty anti-lock brakes.
Dolce & Gabbana Crown
"Modern medieval" rules the night with this gold-plated filigree crown, adorned with glass mosaics and Swarovski crystals. Pop singer Katy Perry wore one to this year's Met Gala.
$4,150, call (877) 703-4872 for details
Pacified by Kalfin
Kalfin's sterling silver pacifiers are nice too, but "if you want to spoil your baby a ridiculous amount," ask for the diamond-encrusted model. "It's probably one of the most expensive baby accessories out there," said Trendhunter.
Bruno Hairy Football
Leather Head Sports, the company that proved weekend warriors wanted a better football, pushes its aesthetic to the limit with a brindle-haired model. Like the others, it looks great on display but is built for easy throwing.
Wall of Sound 2.0
The world's biggest iPod dock, this 392-pound speaker stands over three feet tall and pumps out 8,000 watts. Its volume-control knob turns up to 11, but a small monkey head nearby warns you, with glaring red eyes, if you're putting your hearing at risk.
This addictive remote-controlled drone was designed to carry a video camera aloft. Easy setup makes piloting almost foolproof: If you lose control, the drone will use GPS to stabilize and make a gentle landing right at your feet.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week