1. Whiskey stones with a twist
I have my father to thank for turning me into a scotch snob, but unlike the Elder Eberspacher, I prefer my single malts light on the rocks. For the nights when even one cube feels like overkill, these granite chillers are clutch. With traditional whiskey stones, you need to toss in three or four to get the cooling effect. Not only are these granite versions far prettier, it just takes one and you're ready to sit back and sip. ($34; Amazon) — Sarah Eberspacher
2. Cards Against Humanity
If you loved playing Apples to Apples as a kid, then you're going to quickly become obsessed with the R-rated version of it, Cards Against Humanity. Answer "How did my last relationship end?" with an array of colorful, nonsensical, dirty responses, from "cheap aliens" to "half-assed foreplay." There's nothing better to play when you're snowed in for a weekend. ($25; Amazon) — Emily Shire
3. Instagram marshmallows
This company in England will put your Instagram photos on marshmallows. You choose nine, and if you're lucky enough to live in Europe or North America, they send you a box of 'em. It's a good gift to receive...then make disappear. ($20; boomf.com) — Nikkitha Bakshani
4. Raspberry Pi
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week