New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) is caught in a very New Jersey scandal in which a top aide apparently created a traffic nightmare for one town as payback against its Democratic mayor. And since Christie is considered (for now) the GOP's leading 2016 presidential candidate, and since he hails from a media-saturated region known for its colorful coverage, the story received prominent treatment on the area's front pages.
Some of the best:
Good morning! Here is the front page of today's Asbury Park Press pic.twitter.com/g2ntFmsbr6— Asbury Park Press (@AsburyParkPress) January 9, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week