New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) is caught in a very New Jersey scandal in which a top aide apparently created a traffic nightmare for one town as payback against its Democratic mayor. And since Christie is considered (for now) the GOP's leading 2016 presidential candidate, and since he hails from a media-saturated region known for its colorful coverage, the story received prominent treatment on the area's front pages.
Some of the best:
Good morning! Here is the front page of today's Asbury Park Press pic.twitter.com/g2ntFmsbr6— Asbury Park Press (@AsburyParkPress) January 9, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week