New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) is caught in a very New Jersey scandal in which a top aide apparently created a traffic nightmare for one town as payback against its Democratic mayor. And since Christie is considered (for now) the GOP's leading 2016 presidential candidate, and since he hails from a media-saturated region known for its colorful coverage, the story received prominent treatment on the area's front pages.
Some of the best:
Good morning! Here is the front page of today's Asbury Park Press pic.twitter.com/g2ntFmsbr6— Asbury Park Press (@AsburyParkPress) January 9, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week