New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) is caught in a very New Jersey scandal in which a top aide apparently created a traffic nightmare for one town as payback against its Democratic mayor. And since Christie is considered (for now) the GOP's leading 2016 presidential candidate, and since he hails from a media-saturated region known for its colorful coverage, the story received prominent treatment on the area's front pages.
Some of the best:
Good morning! Here is the front page of today's Asbury Park Press pic.twitter.com/g2ntFmsbr6— Asbury Park Press (@AsburyParkPress) January 9, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- America's most surprising banned books
Subscribe to the Week