New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) is caught in a very New Jersey scandal in which a top aide apparently created a traffic nightmare for one town as payback against its Democratic mayor. And since Christie is considered (for now) the GOP's leading 2016 presidential candidate, and since he hails from a media-saturated region known for its colorful coverage, the story received prominent treatment on the area's front pages.
Some of the best:
Good morning! Here is the front page of today's Asbury Park Press pic.twitter.com/g2ntFmsbr6— Asbury Park Press (@AsburyParkPress) January 9, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week