ew Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) is caught in a very New Jersey scandal in which a top aide apparently created a traffic nightmare for one town as payback against its Democratic mayor. And since Christie is considered (for now) the GOP's leading 2016 presidential candidate, and since he hails from a media-saturated region known for its colorful coverage, the story received prominent treatment on the area's front pages.
Some of the best:
Good morning! Here is the front page of today's Asbury Park Press pic.twitter.com/g2ntFmsbr6— Asbury Park Press (@AsburyParkPress) January 9, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week