New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) is caught in a very New Jersey scandal in which a top aide apparently created a traffic nightmare for one town as payback against its Democratic mayor. And since Christie is considered (for now) the GOP's leading 2016 presidential candidate, and since he hails from a media-saturated region known for its colorful coverage, the story received prominent treatment on the area's front pages.
Some of the best:
Good morning! Here is the front page of today's Asbury Park Press pic.twitter.com/g2ntFmsbr6— Asbury Park Press (@AsburyParkPress) January 9, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week