New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) is caught in a very New Jersey scandal in which a top aide apparently created a traffic nightmare for one town as payback against its Democratic mayor. And since Christie is considered (for now) the GOP's leading 2016 presidential candidate, and since he hails from a media-saturated region known for its colorful coverage, the story received prominent treatment on the area's front pages.
Some of the best:
Good morning! Here is the front page of today's Asbury Park Press pic.twitter.com/g2ntFmsbr6— Asbury Park Press (@AsburyParkPress) January 9, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week