Still the BMOC and don't you forget it. Photo: (Jessica Kourkounis/Getty Images)
While Gov. Chris Christie (R) may ultimately survive the bridge traffic scandal, the episode has almost certainly reinforced his image as a bully.
Christie denied being a bully at his news conference yesterday, saying, "I am who I am. But I am not a bully." But it's not just Democrats who see the parallels. Many Republicans do, too.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told NBC News, ”It seems to me that this whole bridge thing reinforces a narrative that's troublesome about the guy, he's kind of a bully."
And then there’s his extensive YouTube record. Here are five clips of Christie acting like a bully:
1. Christie belittles a teacher
2. Christie smacks down a reporter
3. Christie goes off on a constituent
4. Christie blasts a doctor
5. Christie attacks someone on the street
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to improve your workplace culture
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week