Still the BMOC and don't you forget it. Photo: (Jessica Kourkounis/Getty Images)
While Gov. Chris Christie (R) may ultimately survive the bridge traffic scandal, the episode has almost certainly reinforced his image as a bully.
Christie denied being a bully at his news conference yesterday, saying, "I am who I am. But I am not a bully." But it's not just Democrats who see the parallels. Many Republicans do, too.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told NBC News, ”It seems to me that this whole bridge thing reinforces a narrative that's troublesome about the guy, he's kind of a bully."
And then there’s his extensive YouTube record. Here are five clips of Christie acting like a bully:
1. Christie belittles a teacher
2. Christie smacks down a reporter
3. Christie goes off on a constituent
4. Christie blasts a doctor
5. Christie attacks someone on the street
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can Paul Ryan's poverty blitz survive contact with reality?
- The end of academic freedom?
Subscribe to the Week