Still the BMOC and don't you forget it. Photo: (Jessica Kourkounis/Getty Images)
While Gov. Chris Christie (R) may ultimately survive the bridge traffic scandal, the episode has almost certainly reinforced his image as a bully.
Christie denied being a bully at his news conference yesterday, saying, "I am who I am. But I am not a bully." But it's not just Democrats who see the parallels. Many Republicans do, too.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told NBC News, ”It seems to me that this whole bridge thing reinforces a narrative that's troublesome about the guy, he's kind of a bully."
And then there’s his extensive YouTube record. Here are five clips of Christie acting like a bully:
1. Christie belittles a teacher
2. Christie smacks down a reporter
3. Christie goes off on a constituent
4. Christie blasts a doctor
5. Christie attacks someone on the street
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week