Still the BMOC and don't you forget it. Photo: (Jessica Kourkounis/Getty Images)
While Gov. Chris Christie (R) may ultimately survive the bridge traffic scandal, the episode has almost certainly reinforced his image as a bully.
Christie denied being a bully at his news conference yesterday, saying, "I am who I am. But I am not a bully." But it's not just Democrats who see the parallels. Many Republicans do, too.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told NBC News, ”It seems to me that this whole bridge thing reinforces a narrative that's troublesome about the guy, he's kind of a bully."
And then there’s his extensive YouTube record. Here are five clips of Christie acting like a bully:
1. Christie belittles a teacher
2. Christie smacks down a reporter
3. Christie goes off on a constituent
4. Christie blasts a doctor
5. Christie attacks someone on the street
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
Subscribe to the Week