There are the meals that turn you into a lump on the couch, there are the meals that make you hungry twenty minutes later, and there are the meals that do their job. Those meals, we're guessing, have superfoods in them — ingredients that make you feel unstoppable, that arm with you energy, and that feed your body with the all-powerful nutrients.
The good news is, you don't have to force feed yourself spoonfuls of wheat germ or gnaw on raw nubs of broccoli stems to feel good. Instead, we've rounded up our favorite recipes that also happen to include some kick-ass superfoods, so even if you don't like flaxseeds, you won't notice them in those blueberry muffins, and if you could do without quinoa, you'll still love those black bean burgers.
Regardless of your New Year's resolution, we're looking forward to a year of good eating.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week