There are the meals that turn you into a lump on the couch, there are the meals that make you hungry twenty minutes later, and there are the meals that do their job. Those meals, we're guessing, have superfoods in them — ingredients that make you feel unstoppable, that arm with you energy, and that feed your body with the all-powerful nutrients.
The good news is, you don't have to force feed yourself spoonfuls of wheat germ or gnaw on raw nubs of broccoli stems to feel good. Instead, we've rounded up our favorite recipes that also happen to include some kick-ass superfoods, so even if you don't like flaxseeds, you won't notice them in those blueberry muffins, and if you could do without quinoa, you'll still love those black bean burgers.
Regardless of your New Year's resolution, we're looking forward to a year of good eating.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week