There are the meals that turn you into a lump on the couch, there are the meals that make you hungry twenty minutes later, and there are the meals that do their job. Those meals, we're guessing, have superfoods in them — ingredients that make you feel unstoppable, that arm with you energy, and that feed your body with the all-powerful nutrients.
The good news is, you don't have to force feed yourself spoonfuls of wheat germ or gnaw on raw nubs of broccoli stems to feel good. Instead, we've rounded up our favorite recipes that also happen to include some kick-ass superfoods, so even if you don't like flaxseeds, you won't notice them in those blueberry muffins, and if you could do without quinoa, you'll still love those black bean burgers.
Regardless of your New Year's resolution, we're looking forward to a year of good eating.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week