Seeing bloopers from comedies is pretty typical. It's way more fun when dramatic actors crack up — here's proof.
1. THE X-FILES
Twelve minutes of pure greatness, juvenile humor, and nostalgia.
2. BREAKING BAD
This is from season five — no watching if you're not through the show! And who knew Skinny Pete was a virtuoso?!
One more — season three:
3. THE WEST WING
This takes half a minute to really get going. My favorite? All the "Tony" Ziegler business.
4. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
So gag we all! Incidentally, there's a detailed writeup of this reel from the Battlestar Wiki.
There are tons of these on YouTube, so let's start with the first season. Featuring plenty of Charlie material, and tons of falling down.
If that's not enough Lost for you, here's 15 minutes' worth:
6. THE LORD OF THE RINGS
Okay, it's not a TV show. But they're long enough to count, in my book. "Typical elf work."
7. THE WIRE
From season four. Other seasons are on YouTube. Oh yeah, and there's a ton of unbleeped swearing, as you'd expect.
Yes sir, Captain Blooppants!
9. STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION
These are the bloopers of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: To explore strange new bloops, to seek out new bloops and new civilizations, to boldly bloop where no one has blooped before. Oh, we've got more of these.
10. GREY'S ANATOMY
That X-ray lightbox is really tricky.
From season two, profanity be damned! And in case you don't catch the opening joke, review this video.
Okay, you've made it this far, you must love bloopers and gags. Do you have two and a half hours to kill? Sure you do. Here's all the Seinfeld bloopers you can possibly handle.
More from Mental Floss...
- Where Do the Words "Mom" and "Dad" Come From?
- How Many Spiders Do You Really Swallow in Your Sleep?
- 13 Sesame Street Characters Making a Difference in the World
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week