The Walking Dead star Norman Reedus is accustomed to fighting off zombies on the hit AMC drama. But how would he fare if he ran into one in real life? A group of big names from the show, including star Andrew Lincoln and makeup artist Greg Nicotero, enlisted the aid of teenaged fan Nick Santonastasso to find out.
Santonastasso was born with a genetic disorder that left him with one arm and no legs. But the teen found a unique use for his condition: Pretending to be a zombie and frightening unsuspecting patrons of a local store. When videos of his pranks caught the eye of the team behind The Walking Dead, the crew flew Santonastasso out to Tokyo, where the cast and crew was promoting the series, to pull his prank on Reedus.
After a full round of zombie makeup courtesy of Nicotero, Santonastasso hid under a table in a hotel room. On cue, he crawled out and leapt at The Walking Dead star, who proved a little less adept at fending off a zombie attacker than he is in the TV show. Fortunately, there were no hard feelings:
Dinner with my boys pic.twitter.com/XuUC7dugEl— Nick Santonastasso (@nicksanto534) January 17, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week