Audiophile: Listen SmarterWhy are there so few movies about Martin Luther King, Jr.?
The Civil Rights leader deserves a Hollywood telling, no?
Watch the 1998 cartoon special, Our Friend, Martin:
Watch the trailer for the 1978 television series King:
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week