Last week's question: A Pennsylvania couple are finding it hard to sell their house after admitting that it is "slightly haunted," with the occasional 3 a.m. scream and an apparition appearing in the bathroom mirror. What would be a more positive way of describing the home's unique characteristics, to help sell it?
THE WINNER: 113-year-old Victorian, still cared for by original owners
Kevin & Laura Healy, Hurley, N.Y.
SECOND PLACE: A home suited for free spirits
Jody Zellman, Brooklyn,
THIRD PLACE: This stunning home casts a spell on all who enter. Motivated seller
Susan Callender, Jacksonville, Fla.
A place for all your possessions!
Ivan Kershner, Salem, S.C.
It has characters
Robyn Winder, Hanover, Md.
Perfect for open-minded individuals who enjoy entertaining unexpected guests
Lou Franzini, St. Augustine, Fla.
Once you buy this house, you will never leave it
Barbara Kunkel, Harrington, Maine
The perfect home for spirited conversation
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
Not just multilevel, but multidimensional
Frank Letchworth, Knoxville,
A charming Victorian with a personality all its own
Harold Warren, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
Your kids will make new fiends
Philip White, Fresh Meadows, N.Y.
You will never be home alone
Sue Free, San Francisco
Turn-of-the-century home comes alive with history
Korena Thomen, Sacramento
Built-in mother-in-law visitation deterrent
Kinny Roper, Atlanta
Lots of sunny rooms; shades included
Robert Scott, Spokane, Wash.
A home so hauntingly beautiful, former owners wish they still lived here
Katherine Licopoli, Fort Myers, Fla.
The ultimate in haunt couture housing
Gordon Freireich, York, Pa.
Mostly not haunted
Chip Turner, Victorville, Calif.
Full of the spirit of yesteryear
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, Va.
Are you tired of seeing the same old face in the mirror when you wake up at 3 in the morning?
Andrew Tuite, Chicago
This house is guaranteed to raise your spirits!
Lenny Aberg, Bristol, R.I.
House well stocked with spirits, bar
Timothy Ainsworth, Seattle
Amenities include a maintenance-free houseguest removal system
Jason Johnstad, Altoona, Iowa
People are just dying to live here
Brenda Olafsen, Greeneville, Tenn.
Sound construction and breathtaking views. This house has good bones
Alan Guttman, Washington, D.C.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week