Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned that Hannibal Lecter wouldn't qualify as a psycho, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
Music meant to torture included Julio Iglesias (Discovery)
The most (and least) realistic movie psychopaths ever (Science News)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- Why are there so few movies about Martin Luther King Jr.?
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
- This week I learned bananas are a very unhealthy part of a monkey's diet
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week