Audiophile: Listen SmarterThis week I learned that Hannibal Lecter wouldn't qualify as a psycho, and more
Fun and interesting facts from around the web
Read more about the facts mentioned:
Music meant to torture included Julio Iglesias (Discovery)
The most (and least) realistic movie psychopaths ever (Science News)
Listen to more audio explainers:
- Why are there so few movies about Martin Luther King Jr.?
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
- This week I learned bananas are a very unhealthy part of a monkey's diet
Lauren Hansen is the multimedia editor at TheWeek.com. A graduate of Kenyon College and Northwestern University, she started her career in arts publishing and has since worked at media outlets including the BBC and Frontline.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- The odds are 11 million to 1 that you'll die in a plane crash
Subscribe to the Week