Many of us have surely come to terms by now with the fact that we're not morning people. We're just never going to enjoy the sunshine streaming into our windows as the birds chirp the arrival of a new day. We'd rather hit snooze once or twice or 17 times.
Unfortunately, the world dictates that we must get up and go to school or work.
But fear not! If standard ringtones aren't enough to compel you to get out of bed, these devices could help.
If you want to start your day relaxed, the Wake Up Vibe offers a pleasurable way to rise and shine. Simply select the vibrating pattern you prefer, slip this vibrating alarm clock into your pants before bedtime, and — well, you get the idea. Warning: Hitting the snooze button may make you happy, but it probably won't help you get out of bed.
Intimidate everyone and everything that will get in your way today with the help of the Wake Up Work Out alarm clock. To turn it off, you'll have to get your pump on and complete 30 perfect bicep curls. Afterwards, you're free to drop to the floor and bust out 20 pushups before enjoying your egg white and protein powder shake.
Running out of time
Guilty of reaching over and hitting the snooze button multiple times? Clocky is an alarm clock on wheels that not only notifies you when it's time to get up, but scurries away from you so you have to chase it to get it to shut up. While it's quite effective on its own, it's even more powerful when paired with a barking dog or hissing cat that's desperately attempting to get away from the scary device trying to back them into a corner.
Worthy of Jack Bauer
For those of you who like to live on the edge, Banpresto's Danger Bomb Alarm Clock gives you that jolting thrill that only comes with escaping near danger. To prevent this ear-splitting alarm from going off, you have to diffuse this "bomb."
Making a change
What's worse than losing sleep? Having money taken away from you for no reason! Now, you can combine two of your un-favorite activities with the Banclock. To deactivate the alarm, you have to bribe the device by putting money inside. It's perfect for the person whose number one goal in life is to remain sleepy and poor.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
Subscribe to the Week