Last week's contest: A new study has found that some of China's horribly polluted air is drifting across the Pacific and contributing to the smog in California and other Western states. What unpleasant aspect of American life should we export to China to get even?
THE WINNER: Bottled water from the fresh streams of West Virginia
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, Calif.
SECOND PLACE: A fleet of Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Mark Chartier, Lyme, Conn.
THIRD PLACE: Even though he is Canadian, Justin Bieber
Marty Gelfman, Georgetown, Texas
Atlanta's snow removal plan
Kenneth R. Updegrove, Cedaredge, Colo
Frank Letchworth, Knoxville
The 2013 U.S. Congress
Bill O'Meara, Before, N.H.
Andrew Tuite, Chicago
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
State of the Union addresses
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
Kathy Alkan, Little Falls, N.J.
David Murphy, Rumson, N.J.
A government that snoops on Internet activity instead of blocking it outright
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, Va.
Richard N. Levine, Los Angeles
Products in our homes made in China. Oh wait, that's everything in our homes
Alan Guttman, Washington, D.C.
Joe Sherlin, Sweetwater, Tenn.
Paul Skogstrom, Clarksville, Ohio
Obesity and type 2 diabetes
Lisa Zakai, Catonsville, Md.
Political action committees and their contributors
Paul Johnsen, Hartford, Wis.
Politically motivated traffic jams
John Leroy, Phoenix
Our educational system
Marti Dryk, Austin
Joe Negrich, Toledo
The polar vortex
Janet Oberfoell, Monticello, Iowa
Male enhancement commercials
Robert N. Peffers, San Antonio
Katie Jensen, Eastsound, Wash.
Fox News and MSNBC
Bill Gillen, Upper Sandusky, Ohio
People who use "like," "you know," and/or "totally" in every sentence
George J. Bryjak, Bloomingdale, N.Y.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week