Last week's contest: A new study has found that some of China's horribly polluted air is drifting across the Pacific and contributing to the smog in California and other Western states. What unpleasant aspect of American life should we export to China to get even?
THE WINNER: Bottled water from the fresh streams of West Virginia
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, Calif.
SECOND PLACE: A fleet of Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Mark Chartier, Lyme, Conn.
THIRD PLACE: Even though he is Canadian, Justin Bieber
Marty Gelfman, Georgetown, Texas
Atlanta's snow removal plan
Kenneth R. Updegrove, Cedaredge, Colo
Frank Letchworth, Knoxville
The 2013 U.S. Congress
Bill O'Meara, Before, N.H.
Andrew Tuite, Chicago
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
State of the Union addresses
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
Kathy Alkan, Little Falls, N.J.
David Murphy, Rumson, N.J.
A government that snoops on Internet activity instead of blocking it outright
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, Va.
Richard N. Levine, Los Angeles
Products in our homes made in China. Oh wait, that's everything in our homes
Alan Guttman, Washington, D.C.
Joe Sherlin, Sweetwater, Tenn.
Paul Skogstrom, Clarksville, Ohio
Obesity and type 2 diabetes
Lisa Zakai, Catonsville, Md.
Political action committees and their contributors
Paul Johnsen, Hartford, Wis.
Politically motivated traffic jams
John Leroy, Phoenix
Our educational system
Marti Dryk, Austin
Joe Negrich, Toledo
The polar vortex
Janet Oberfoell, Monticello, Iowa
Male enhancement commercials
Robert N. Peffers, San Antonio
Katie Jensen, Eastsound, Wash.
Fox News and MSNBC
Bill Gillen, Upper Sandusky, Ohio
People who use "like," "you know," and/or "totally" in every sentence
George J. Bryjak, Bloomingdale, N.Y.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- How Obama inadvertently made an Israeli war with Iran all but inevitable
Subscribe to the Week