Last week's contest: A new study has found that some of China's horribly polluted air is drifting across the Pacific and contributing to the smog in California and other Western states. What unpleasant aspect of American life should we export to China to get even?
THE WINNER: Bottled water from the fresh streams of West Virginia
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, Calif.
SECOND PLACE: A fleet of Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Mark Chartier, Lyme, Conn.
THIRD PLACE: Even though he is Canadian, Justin Bieber
Marty Gelfman, Georgetown, Texas
Atlanta's snow removal plan
Kenneth R. Updegrove, Cedaredge, Colo
Frank Letchworth, Knoxville
The 2013 U.S. Congress
Bill O'Meara, Before, N.H.
Andrew Tuite, Chicago
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
State of the Union addresses
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
Kathy Alkan, Little Falls, N.J.
David Murphy, Rumson, N.J.
A government that snoops on Internet activity instead of blocking it outright
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, Va.
Richard N. Levine, Los Angeles
Products in our homes made in China. Oh wait, that's everything in our homes
Alan Guttman, Washington, D.C.
Joe Sherlin, Sweetwater, Tenn.
Paul Skogstrom, Clarksville, Ohio
Obesity and type 2 diabetes
Lisa Zakai, Catonsville, Md.
Political action committees and their contributors
Paul Johnsen, Hartford, Wis.
Politically motivated traffic jams
John Leroy, Phoenix
Our educational system
Marti Dryk, Austin
Joe Negrich, Toledo
The polar vortex
Janet Oberfoell, Monticello, Iowa
Male enhancement commercials
Robert N. Peffers, San Antonio
Katie Jensen, Eastsound, Wash.
Fox News and MSNBC
Bill Gillen, Upper Sandusky, Ohio
People who use "like," "you know," and/or "totally" in every sentence
George J. Bryjak, Bloomingdale, N.Y.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
Subscribe to the Week