Audiophile: Listen SmarterThe evolution of football's play-by-play
Back in the day, football broadcasts were as quick and pared down as the game itself
Watch the 1970 Monday Night Football intro:
- The many, many problems of the Sochi Olympics
- This week I learned that Hannibal Lecter wouldn't qualify as a psycho, and more
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
Sarah Eberspacher is the assistant photo editor for TheWeek.com. She has previously worked as a sports reporter at The Livingston County Daily Press & Argus and The Arizona Republic. She graduated from Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week