Audiophile: Listen SmarterThe evolution of football's play-by-play
Back in the day, football broadcasts were as quick and pared down as the game itself
Watch the 1970 Monday Night Football intro:
- The many, many problems of the Sochi Olympics
- This week I learned that Hannibal Lecter wouldn't qualify as a psycho, and more
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
Sarah Eberspacher is the assistant photo editor for TheWeek.com. She has previously worked as a sports reporter at The Livingston County Daily Press & Argus and The Arizona Republic. She graduated from Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week