It's game day! Yes, we're talking about football. But, we're also not talking about football. This is about the other playing field; this is about your kitchen. Most of us will watch to see who emerges victorious today (whether in sport, advertising, or cuteness), but if you're anything like us, the day's focal point lies elsewhere. Specifically, right in front of the TV, on the coffee table — where the snacks are. As such, it's time to huddle up and talk strategy: culinary trick-plays and touchdowns that are sure to please a crowd. The only flag thrown that afternoon will be for double dipping. Are you with us? Let's go over the starting lineup. Here are 11 chips and dip recipes that will have you dancing all the way to the end zone:
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week