It's game day! Yes, we're talking about football. But, we're also not talking about football. This is about the other playing field; this is about your kitchen. Most of us will watch to see who emerges victorious today (whether in sport, advertising, or cuteness), but if you're anything like us, the day's focal point lies elsewhere. Specifically, right in front of the TV, on the coffee table — where the snacks are. As such, it's time to huddle up and talk strategy: culinary trick-plays and touchdowns that are sure to please a crowd. The only flag thrown that afternoon will be for double dipping. Are you with us? Let's go over the starting lineup. Here are 11 chips and dip recipes that will have you dancing all the way to the end zone:
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
Subscribe to the Week