It's game day! Yes, we're talking about football. But, we're also not talking about football. This is about the other playing field; this is about your kitchen. Most of us will watch to see who emerges victorious today (whether in sport, advertising, or cuteness), but if you're anything like us, the day's focal point lies elsewhere. Specifically, right in front of the TV, on the coffee table — where the snacks are. As such, it's time to huddle up and talk strategy: culinary trick-plays and touchdowns that are sure to please a crowd. The only flag thrown that afternoon will be for double dipping. Are you with us? Let's go over the starting lineup. Here are 11 chips and dip recipes that will have you dancing all the way to the end zone:
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week