It's game day! Yes, we're talking about football. But, we're also not talking about football. This is about the other playing field; this is about your kitchen. Most of us will watch to see who emerges victorious today (whether in sport, advertising, or cuteness), but if you're anything like us, the day's focal point lies elsewhere. Specifically, right in front of the TV, on the coffee table — where the snacks are. As such, it's time to huddle up and talk strategy: culinary trick-plays and touchdowns that are sure to please a crowd. The only flag thrown that afternoon will be for double dipping. Are you with us? Let's go over the starting lineup. Here are 11 chips and dip recipes that will have you dancing all the way to the end zone:
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
Subscribe to the Week