Read more about the facts mentioned:
Elephant preserve planned in California for 'near wild' herd (The Wall Street Journal)
Why birds attacked the peace doves in Rome (National Geographic)
In South Korea Spam is the stuff gifts are made of (The New York Times)
Fan friction (The New Yorker)
- The many, many problems of the Sochi Olympics
- This week I learned that Hannibal Lecter wouldn't qualify as a psycho, and more
- 4 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week