Read more about the facts mentioned:
Elephant preserve planned in California for 'near wild' herd (The Wall Street Journal)
Why birds attacked the peace doves in Rome (National Geographic)
In South Korea Spam is the stuff gifts are made of (The New York Times)
Fan friction (The New Yorker)
- The many, many problems of the Sochi Olympics
- This week I learned that Hannibal Lecter wouldn't qualify as a psycho, and more
- 4 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The week's best photojournalism
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week