Read more about the facts mentioned:
Elephant preserve planned in California for 'near wild' herd (The Wall Street Journal)
Why birds attacked the peace doves in Rome (National Geographic)
In South Korea Spam is the stuff gifts are made of (The New York Times)
Fan friction (The New Yorker)
- The many, many problems of the Sochi Olympics
- This week I learned that Hannibal Lecter wouldn't qualify as a psycho, and more
- 4 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week