Read more about the facts mentioned:
Elephant preserve planned in California for 'near wild' herd (The Wall Street Journal)
Why birds attacked the peace doves in Rome (National Geographic)
In South Korea Spam is the stuff gifts are made of (The New York Times)
Fan friction (The New Yorker)
- The many, many problems of the Sochi Olympics
- This week I learned that Hannibal Lecter wouldn't qualify as a psycho, and more
- 4 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week