Philip Seymour Hoffman, the acclaimed actor who won an Oscar in 2006 for his portrayal of Truman Capote in Capote, was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in his New York City apartment, according to multiple news sources.
It was reported in May of 2013 that Hoffman had spent 10 days in rehabilitation for a heroin addiction.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
Subscribe to the Week