Philip Seymour Hoffman, the acclaimed actor who won an Oscar in 2006 for his portrayal of Truman Capote in Capote, was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in his New York City apartment, according to multiple news sources.
It was reported in May of 2013 that Hoffman had spent 10 days in rehabilitation for a heroin addiction.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
Subscribe to the Week