hilip Seymour Hoffman, the acclaimed actor who won an Oscar in 2006 for his portrayal of Truman Capote in Capote, was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in his New York City apartment, according to multiple news sources.
It was reported in May of 2013 that Hoffman had spent 10 days in rehabilitation for a heroin addiction.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week