Philip Seymour Hoffman, the acclaimed actor who won an Oscar in 2006 for his portrayal of Truman Capote in Capote, was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in his New York City apartment, according to multiple news sources.
It was reported in May of 2013 that Hoffman had spent 10 days in rehabilitation for a heroin addiction.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week