It's going to be a while before Sherlock fans get to see Benedict Cumberbatch solve another case, but anyone who can't stand the wait can follow the popular actor from Baker Street to Sesame Street in this new clip.
Cumberbatch's self-proclaimed Muppet archnemesis "Murray-arty" — who refuses to accept that Cumberbatch isn't really Sherlock Holmes — shows up to challenge the actor to a game of wits. "On this table are some fruit," says Murray-arty. "Are there more apples, or are there more oranges? I don't know, you're the super-sleuth. Figure it out!" Without his trusty partner Watson handy, Cumberbatch turns to the next best thing: The Count. It takes some work, but Cumberbatch does manage to solve the case, and earn The Count's most coveted endorsement: "One Smart Man."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Surviving a plane crash
- Lauren Bacall's remarkably honest account of Humphrey Bogart's death
Subscribe to the Week