Borscht aside, there are few things more Russian than vodka. Vodka is about tradition and ritual, yes, but it's also about celebration and bonding. So what better way to come together for the Winter Games than by honoring its host's favorite drink? In the spirit of international cooperation, we're cheering on our athletes the only way that seems right — with cocktails. Here are nine vodka-friendly drinks to throw back as the competitors throw down.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to save Meet the Press
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
Subscribe to the Week