Borscht aside, there are few things more Russian than vodka. Vodka is about tradition and ritual, yes, but it's also about celebration and bonding. So what better way to come together for the Winter Games than by honoring its host's favorite drink? In the spirit of international cooperation, we're cheering on our athletes the only way that seems right — with cocktails. Here are nine vodka-friendly drinks to throw back as the competitors throw down.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week