Borscht aside, there are few things more Russian than vodka. Vodka is about tradition and ritual, yes, but it's also about celebration and bonding. So what better way to come together for the Winter Games than by honoring its host's favorite drink? In the spirit of international cooperation, we're cheering on our athletes the only way that seems right — with cocktails. Here are nine vodka-friendly drinks to throw back as the competitors throw down.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How to make any veggie burger without a recipe
Subscribe to the Week