Borscht aside, there are few things more Russian than vodka. Vodka is about tradition and ritual, yes, but it's also about celebration and bonding. So what better way to come together for the Winter Games than by honoring its host's favorite drink? In the spirit of international cooperation, we're cheering on our athletes the only way that seems right — with cocktails. Here are nine vodka-friendly drinks to throw back as the competitors throw down.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
Subscribe to the Week