Borscht aside, there are few things more Russian than vodka. Vodka is about tradition and ritual, yes, but it's also about celebration and bonding. So what better way to come together for the Winter Games than by honoring its host's favorite drink? In the spirit of international cooperation, we're cheering on our athletes the only way that seems right — with cocktails. Here are nine vodka-friendly drinks to throw back as the competitors throw down.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week